Geoffrey Spear on Thu, 14 May 2009 09:22:35 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Simplify Massively

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Charles Walker
<charles.w.walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Panic Buttons were immediately recreated by the emergency rule as soon as
> they were destroyed, but they are no longer functional.

The bit of the RP that destroyed the Panic Buttons simultaneously
destroyed Rule 0.  Whether the rest of the RP should be taken to have
been enacted without Rule 0 to make it legal is left to an exercise
for philosophers of law.  It's fairly irrelevant whether we're playing
the same game with entirely new rules and everyone being a brand new
player or a different game with entirely new rules and everyone being
a brand new player, as long as we accept our inalienable right to
decide to play a game together. (Well, the question of whether we
SHOULD consider past precedents of B might be affected by this, but
since they're not binding anyway and we're free to create game custom
that they're acceptable that has exactly as much authority, that's
more of a metaphysical issue than a practical one.)
--
Wooble