Geoffrey Spear on Thu, 14 May 2009 07:56:22 -0700 (MST)

[s-d] Infrastructure

Two issues:

1. The mailing lists hold long messages for moderator approval.  I
believe these are sent to David Smith, who a while back requested e be
replaced as moderator since e hasn't been following the game for
years.  Joel may get the notices as well, but e's also not involved in
B.  The Agora-style ruleset requires at least the Rulekeepor to send
very long messages.

2. The wiki lacks Sysops and Bureaucrats who are active players
(although my Clock bot is a sysop).  The wiki has no official status
under the new rules, but it's convenient, and we can't add new user
accounts without active Sysops (and can't add new Sysops without
Bureacrats).

I believe the solution to #1 is to request Joel to add a new moderator
for the mailing list.  I'm wondering if we'd want this to be an
entirely informal role (as Agora's Distributor is), or elect someone
to moderate the list (probably for a very long time, so we don't have
to bug Joel to change the setting).

Similarly, we could request for Joel to add someone as a Bureaucrat,
either informally or an elected person (this one can change more
often, since once we have an active Bureaucrat who's following the
rules, e can add a new Bureaucrat when required to do so by the
rules), and give Sysop privs either to a bunch of trusted players who
have been around a long time or to a subset of elected officers with
rules backing this.

Thoughts?
--
Wooble