Joel Uckelman on Tue, 7 Apr 2009 03:45:51 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] fire and water

Thus spake Alex Smith:
> On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 23:45 +0200, Joel Uckelman wrote:
> > Thus spake comex:
> te:

> > > Joel: Any info on this?
> >
> > I don't have time to look right now. At some point I declared the game
> > over on the business list, and no one disputed it for enough nweeks for
> > the statute of limitations to end the game.
>
> comex thinks he found a bug in the statute of limitations: it only
> applies if someone actually calls an RFJ on the matter.

No, that's not the correct interpretation of R393/0. Here's the text:

  No Judgement shall change the effect of actions performed more than two
  nweeks before the corresponding RFJ was made, even if those actions were
  illegal or impossible. Such actions shall always be treated as if they
  were legal and possible.

The rule is about what RFJs can reverse. The reversibility of an action by
RFJ doesn't depend on there actually being an RFJ made about it, just on
the amount of time elapsed since the action.

--
J.