Jamie Dallaire on Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:57:33 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultation

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 2:40 PM, Charles Walker <
charles.w.walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The rules state that:
>
> An Agreement recognized by B Nomic is one that is between two or more
> External Forces called Parties that explicitly describes:
>
>   - The parties to the Agreement.
>   - How it is possible to change which parties are part of the agreement,
>   if such changes are in fact possible.
>   - How any decisions that may need to be made on the agreement's behalf
>   will be performed, including how and if any changes to the Agreement may
>   occur.
>
> How is Agora not recognized by B Nomic?

Yeah, my interpretation would be that Agora (along with a WHOLE BUNCH of
other organizations/states/contracts/etc. out there) is a partnership. They
are all recognized by B Nomic by virtue of fulfilling the 3 criteria listed.

The only bit that might NOT make it (and some other groups) an agreement is
that it does not refer to its members as "parties". B can't just arbitrarily
decide that what someone else calls a member, a disciple, or a citizen is in
fact a "party".

It's sort of a moot point anyway until anyone tries to make Agora a Faction,
since other than potential factionhood, being an Agreement currently does
not mean a thing in B.

BP