Kisse BNomic on Fri, 13 Feb 2009 15:04:16 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] declaration

2009/2/13 Geoffrey Spear <wooble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Once upon a time, there was a lovely little nomic known simply as "A
> Nomic."  For various reasons, when that nomic went into a lull, its
> mailing list "spoon-business@xxxxxxxxx" was overrun by a large band of
> lunatics who believed, mistakenly it turns out, that they were playing
> a game called "B Nomic".  While normally such poor mailing list
> etiquette should be frowned upon, I believe that we, the Friends of A
> Nomic who subscribe to this mailing list, have a duty to get revenge
> by casting these hooligans off this list and using it to start a brand
> new nomic.  As further revenge, I propose that we call it "B Nomic".
>
> There is no precedent for this, but I declare open the Game of B Nomic
> with the following Rules:
> {{
> 1. There exists a State known as the State of Unrest.  The game is
> initially in this State.
> 2. The Public Forum is the email list spoon-business@xxxxxxxxxx
> 3. The Chairman is the person who authenticates to Google Apps using
> the identifier "wooble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx", also known as Geoffrey Spear
> or Wooble.
> 4. Time in the State of Unrest is tracked using absolute days, which
> run from 00:00:00 UTC, to 23:59:59 UTC.
> 5. Any person may, beginning with the start of the first absolute day
> after the game has begun, and ending at the start of the third
> absolute day after the game has begun, submit any number of Points of
> Order which are documents detailing a single change to the Rules or
> Game State of B. A Point of Order may declare that it is Dependent on
> or Contradictory to a previously submitted, but not yet discarded or
> selected Point of Order.
> 6. Each person may submit a single vote on each Point of Order which
> can be exactly one of Yea or Nay, up until the end of the first
> absolute day after the Point of Order reaches the Public Forum. If,
> after the first absolute day from its reaching the Public Forum, a
> Point of Order has more Yea votes than Nay votes, it is said to be
> Selected, otherwise it is discarded. If a selected Point of Order is
> Dependent on a discarded Point of Order, it to is discarded. If a
> selected Point of Order is Contradictory to another selected Point of
> Order, the Point of Order with the greater number of Yea votes to Nay
> votes is selected, otherwise they are both discarded.
> 7. After four absolute days have passed since the game began, the
> Chairman shall gather all Selected Points of Order, and if necessary
> implement the changes therein, and is capable of doing so.
> }}
>
> (This message has no effect if B Nomic exists and happens to be in a
> State of Unrest)

As a point of order dependent upon the above:

This Point of Order is Contradictory to Rule 6: (a) Any person may submit a
single vote on each Point of Order which can be exactly one of Yea or Nay.
(b) After the end of the first absolute day after the Point of Order reaches
the Public Forum the Point of Order is said to be "Finalized". (c) No vote
shall be recognized as submitted for a Finalized Point of Order. (d) A Point
of Order is said to "to have" all votes that have been recognized as validly
submitted for that Point of Order. (e) If a Finalized Point of Order has
more Yea votes than Nay votes, it is said to be "Selected", otherwise it is
"Discarded". (f) If a selected Point of Order is Dependent on a Discarded
Point of Order, it too is Discarded. (g) If a Selected Point of Order is
Contradictory to another Selected Point of Order, the Point of Order which
has the lesser difference of Yea votes to Nay votes shall be Discarded. (h)
If two Selected Points of Order have equal values of the difference of Yea
notes to Nay votes then the Point of Order reaching the Public Forum prior
to the other shall be Discarded.