Ed Murphy on Sat, 31 Jan 2009 08:53:45 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultation 196 on ehird and the time rip

Billy Pilgrim wrote:

> "As a game action without objection, a Player can activate a Tweak he
> submitted during the current or previous nweek"
>
> The problem with ehird's Tweak activation above isn't that he didn't submit
> the Tweak. He did, just like we often submit proposals by just typing
> "Proposal:" followed by the text of the proposal. My previous argument
> against that was off base.
>
> The problem with ehird's "I intend to activate the following Tweak: { Set
> the gamestate to what it would be if ehird had been a Player continually
> since Jan 16th 2009. }" might actually be that he intends to activate before
> he submits the Tweak (note that I don't think this is equivalent to the
> common "I submit and intend to activate the following Tweak" formula). The
> piece of Rule I quoted above uses the past tense for "submitted", making me
> think that there's a chance that ehird's attempt there might not work...

5E35 requires submission before activation.  R5E11 requires intent
before activation.  Neither of these prevents intent before submission
within a single message, though "I intend to activate a Tweak that I'll
submit in a few minutes" would be an interesting test case.