comex on Tue, 27 Jan 2009 08:14:32 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultation 197 on I Propose Synonyms

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 1:09 AM, Jamie Dallaire
<bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Note that despite 5E13's requirement that the Action of Submitting be taken
> in a PF message to successfully submit a Game Document, game custom has long
> been to disregard this (I'm not sure how long that particular requirement
> has been around, however). For example, some players routinely submit
> Proposals that consist of the entire text of a message with a title like
> "Proposal: Hubba Gubba". These do not explicitly purport to Submit a Game
> Document, but do fulfill the 5E13 requirement that the Game Document be
> fully described.

The difference, I think, is that with such a method of submission, the
text of the proposal is still certain.  If I say I propose that a rule
be created with text "X", what is the text of the proposal?  "Create a
rule with text 'X'"?  "Let a rule be created with text 'X'"?