Ed Murphy on Sat, 24 Jan 2009 09:43:10 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Stepping up

Billy Pilgrim wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 10:15 AM, Ed Murphy <emurphy42@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I think this interacts as follows:
>>
>>  * Your action created an election starting on nday 10 of nweek 154
>>    and ending with your action, thus making you the Chosen One.
>>
>>  * Tyler's action worked the same way.
>>
>>  * Tyler's resignation and my self-installation thus worked.
>

> I was writing something about how you were wrong but now I see what you
> mean. Ohhhhh. But I have one nagging question. Wasn't some part of this
> prevented by the Temporal Prime Directive? (note that if so, Tyler was still
> MoQ, resigned, and you're still the MoQ. Constant gamestate either way)

I don't think so.  A post-nday-10 nomination doesn't retroactively
change what that time period /was/ designated, it just changes what
that time period /is/ designated (compare "The First Era was <past
time period>").

ehird and/or comex suggested on IRC that it might run into paradox
(fails because an election was in progress, but then the election
wasn't in progress after all, etc.) but I don't think it does (it
falls at the end of the designated time period, and the start of
the period of time during which said designation existed).