James Baxter on Mon, 19 Jan 2009 15:01:50 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Two-tier precedence

> Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 15:46:19 -0500
> From: comexk@xxxxxxxxx
> To: spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Two-tier precedence
>
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 3:15 PM, Ed Murphy <emurphy42@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Proposal: Two-tier precedence
>
> Sorry, I'm not going to vote for this. What would B be without
> craziness and breakage?
>

> Especially breakage that passes due to super-long nweeks where
> everyone's forgotten about the merits of proposals by the time they're
> up for vote.

I agree.

Personally, I don't see what's wrong with the existing precedence system - it allows more complex relationships between rules but these can easily be worked out with some thinking (and possibly a consultation...).