James Baxter on Mon, 5 Jan 2009 01:46:02 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultation: Is ehird still a Player?

> From: penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 22:34:46 +0000
> To: spoon-business@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [s-b] Consultation: Is ehird still a Player?
>

> On 4 Jan 2009, at 22:04, 0x44 wrote:
>
> > I submit the following consultation: Is the External Force formerly
> > known as ehird still a Player?
>
> I become Ordained. I assign this Consultation the number 9999. I
> assign this consultation to ehird (myself).
>
> I answer this consultation YES.
>
> Reasoning: {
>
> 5E10 says [[Game Actions which involve calculating things that are
> unreasonable, impossible or ambiguous fail and have no effect.
> Determining what meets that criteria is up to Ministries and the
> Consultation system.]
>
> Now, we all know about the ambiguity of my macks (see the arguments
> over that consultation, the various valid thoughts given on it, etc.)
>
> My forfeit involves calculating the ambiguous state of my macks as a
> direct consequence of it.
>
> Therefore, my forfeit was ineffective. 5E18 does not apply as it has
> a lower number than 5E10.
>
> }

If you did manage to take the post of Oracle, you can't assign this Consultation to yourself ("All Ordained Players, except the Supplicant, the Unbeliever if the Consultation names one, the Oracle and Players that have already been selected as Priests for that Consultation, are eligible for selection as Priests").

If you failed to take the post of Oracle, you can't assign this at all.