comex on Sun, 4 Jan 2009 07:42:25 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultation: ehird's macks

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 5:37 AM, Tyler <wisety@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> { When ehird forfeited no rule specifies that his mack was destroyed. The
> mack was owned by the Player ehird, which no longer exists. Therefore the
> mack is not owned by anybody. That is the same as saying that the mack is
> owned by Nobody. Even though Rule 29 (Mackerel) says that only Legal
> Entities can own mackerel, and Nobody is not a legal entity, this rule is
> not violated because Nobody does not exist. "Nobody owns mack" means "Not a
> body owns mack" means "A body does not own mack." Simple common sense says
> that Nobody can own mack without anybody owning mack. So who owns the (still
> existent) mack now? Nobody.

  `I see nobody on the road,' said Alice.

  `I only wish _I_ had such eyes,' the King remarked in a fretful
tone.  `To be able to see Nobody!  And at that distance, too!
Why, it's as much as _I_ can do to see real people, by this
light!'