Alex Smith on Fri, 2 Jan 2009 15:56:55 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Temporally Displaced Forfeiture

On Fri, 2009-01-02 at 22:54 +0000, James Baxter wrote:
> > Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 17:48:00 -0500
> > From: teucer@xxxxxxxxx
> > To: spoon-business@xxxxxxxxx
> > Subject: Re: [s-b] Temporally Displaced Forfeiture
> >
> > On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Warrigal <ihope127+w@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > At 12:00:00 TAI on December 25, 1099, I forfeit. Arguments: The rules
> > > say I can forfeit at any time; I pick that one.
> >
> > I intend, without objection, to cause the Beast to forfeit the game of B Nomic.You're all crazy!
>
> Anyway, isn't Forfeiting broken because of Rule 5E10 says:
>
> "Game Actions which involve calculating things that are unreasonable, impossible or ambiguous fail and have no effect.
> Determining what meets that criteria is up to Ministries and the Consultation system."
>
> And we are unsure what happens to mackerel after a Player has Forfeit
Is that /calculating/ something ambiguous? Or just something ambiguous,
which doesn't affect whether the action succeeds.

As far as I can tell, ehird's forfeit didn't involve calculating
anything. Working out what happened to his macks causes ambiguity, but
that's not part of the game action and also not calculation. I think.
I'm not too sure on this one, though.
--
ais523