0x44 on Mon, 29 Dec 2008 21:46:52 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Laser sharpener

comex wrote:
On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 11:39 PM, Jay Campbell <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Rule 0 does not specifically require the selected ballot be one that won
through voting.

Item 8 says that the EC shall "tally" ballots, not that e shall select
a ballot; besides, we skipped item 8.  The term "selected" in item 9
therefore means the option selected by the Ranked Pairs algorithm, not
the result of some individual person's selection.  There is no
selected ballot, so the emergency cannot be resolved.
It doesn't matter, the Laws of White only gave you permission to perform the action and could not have done so per 5e48. As we determined last nweek with retractions, "CAN" grants permission without a mechanism to perform a game action, "MAY" defines the mechanism.

0x44;