Jamie Dallaire on Sun, 28 Dec 2008 23:10:09 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] (no subject)

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 12:55 AM, Craig Daniel <teucer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 12:29 AM, Jamie Dallaire
> <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> I breathed on purpose, but I didn't do it to the Public Forum.
> >
> > I think all you breathers are out, still. You breathed, thus you were
> made a
> > party to the contract. Making you a party this way constituted a breach
> of
> > the rules, but not an impossibility (no player SHALL be made party to
> > contract without explicit consent). So comex, I think, successfully
> > eliminated all the players on his list who breathed within that c. 4
> minute
> > window...
>
> Game actions can only be taken to the PF. Joining a contract is a game
> action. Thus until I breathe on the PF, I am not a member of the
> contract.

>From 5E10: A Game Action is defined as any activity specified by the Rules
that changes the state of the game. To perform a Game Action, an Outsider
must post a message to a Public Forum specifying that they are taking that
action.

I think you're right, then. I was thinking of the first sentence, which
governs e.g. deadlines occurring. But since we Outsiders would need to
breathe, you're right about the PF.

Well, then, perhaps THIS will work:

I create this Contract, named "CREAMPUFF Race":
{
Failing to send the word CREAMPUFF to the Public Forum before 5:00 UTC is a
way for a Player to become a Party to this contract.
All Parties to this contract other than Billy Pilgrim are obligated to
forfeit, and shall forfeit within one millisecond after they join this
contract.
}

> > Which also means the Emergency is over...
>
> As much as I wish the inaccessible-emergency scam (which I'm growing
> increasingly convinced works) would end without the emergency scammers
> getting their wish, I'll concede only that comex's scam *might* have
> worked. I think a lot of people are convinced this might have worked,
> but not convinced it *necessarily* worked; ergo, there is ambiguity
> about who the players are - which means we're all PEPs, and the
> scammers get to keep running their emergency until it ends.

Note that the above was deliberately not to the PF, because:

a) teucer is also right about this second part*
b) it would be a really BORING win if my ripoff of comex's attempt were to
work
c) it would be even MORE BORING if someone were to win by ripping off my
ripoff. So, just don't do it.

* Perhaps we need to be more specific about what constitutes "ambiguity"
with regard to determining who is and who is not a PEP. Not sure how,
though. But at what point do we decide that, no matter how loudly I might be
shouting that I'm STILL a Player, there does NOT exist any ambiguity about
the matter?

BP