Ed Murphy on Thu, 25 Dec 2008 02:18:02 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Assignments of Consultations 160, 170, 172, 173

Tyler wrote:

> I become Ordained, now that it's a new nweek. And I like your
> standing/sitting system. (I think; I don't really know how it works.) Do you
> make everyone stand again once they have all sat down, or do they have to
> tell you they stand back up?

Relevant excerpts from Agora's Rule 1871:

      Standing players are generally qualified to judge.

      When the CotC assigns a player as judge, that player becomes
      sitting.

      The CotC CAN rotate the bench (change all sitting players to
      standing) by announcement, but SHALL NOT do so unless there is a
      judicial case to which e is obliged to assign a judge, all
      entities qualified to be so assigned are poorly qualified, and e
      immediately afterwards (in the same announcement) assigns a
      judge to that case.

tl;dr:  Everyone gets one case, until you get to a case that you can't
assign that way, at which point you start over.