Craig Daniel on Fri, 19 Dec 2008 15:34:34 -0700 (MST)

[s-d] Proto: Power Squares

Proto: Some squares have special powers, which may affect players on
them, players doing stuff with the color of those squares, or players
on squares of those colors.

Powers would be had by all squares whose coordinates are both drawn
from the following list or one vaguely similar: {-20, 20, -40, 40,
-80, 80, -160, 160}. This spreads exponentially far from the origin
and puts many powers into the Desert if that passes, making going
after their effects risky. Another possibility, which reduces the
number to encourage competing over them, is {-20, 20, -50, 50, -125,
125}. We can also do a non-symmetric version, such as {-10, -50, -200,
30, 50, 100} or something.

Players may not deliberately land within a certain range of these
squares. When the proposal passes, we might want it to unsquare
everyone in that range and uncolor the squares also.

Further from the center, powers should be better. Possible powers
include costing less to revive, paying half price for weapons, getting
extra health which goes away when you leave the color, doing extra
damage with certain weapons, or getting extra votes on proposals.

Thoughts?

 - teucer