Craig Daniel on Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:11:07 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: The Oracle is Wise

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 1:06 PM, Alex Smith <ais523@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-12-13 at 21:13 -0500, Jamie Dallaire wrote:
>> PS: My personal platform on running the MoQ = assign consultations to
>> priests in a largely random manner except where one of the above points
>> strongly calls for manual intervention. In addition, I intend to punish
>> supplicants who fail to correctly use the Unbeliever mechanism by assigning
>> consultations to the priest who blatantly should have been unbeliever where
>> none was named.]]
> Murphy tends to assign at random at Agora, not avoiding blatant
> should-have-been-named-as-barred for much the same reasons. comex
> scammed it by calling the CFJ (=Oracularity) on a comex/me scam himself,
> thus giving a reasonable chance of the CFJ being assigned to me (which
> actually happened). A pair of Scamsters in B could scam this particular
> policy even more effectively, pretty much guaranteeing that one of them
> ends up judging the resulting oracularities

The non-frivolous piece of the Monstrou scam involved handing power to
two people who weren't me, one of them the Oracle, so he would know
who to give the Consultation to (not that it mattered, since the
desired answer would have been obviously inconsistent). There have
been other examples of arranging such things, though I *believe* that
to be the most blatant recent one.

 - teucer