Charles Schaefer on Wed, 26 Nov 2008 23:38:15 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Realignment?

2008/11/26, Jamie Dallaire <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 11:23 PM, Charles Schaefer
> <chuckles11489@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
> > How about this: We each pick an amount of ministries we feel we can
> commit
> > to, and then draw them out of a hat (or the dice server, if no one trusts
> > the person with the hat).
>

> That sounds fun, at least as an initial way of setting ministries. One
> thing, though, is that the different ministries imply very different
> workloads.

True. Maybe we could have players specify something like "two easy
ministries and one medium/difficult one." If the current rewards were a good
measure of difficulty, we could use them. But they're not, and this has the
potential to get very complicated for a procedure we will probably not have
to use often. We might only have to use it once, but for career civil
servents, in might be nice to have a ministry shuffle every five nweeks or
so. That was the nice thing about retainers, they encouraged taking over
ministries that had been held a few nweeks. (although MoS went down to -20
and no one ever usurped)