Tyler on Tue, 18 Nov 2008 15:48:34 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] contract

Well, transaction fails because you can't change rules willy nilly like
that. Wooble only did it via Contractual obligation automation.

I would have had a clever solution, but I can't do it if we're in emergency.
So I'll leave it up to the Priests and PEPs to decide the issue. (We are in
emergency if Wooble's scam succeeded, right?)

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Craig Daniel <teucer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:41 PM, Craig Daniel <teucer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:00 PM, Geoffrey Spear <wooble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> The Rules say I automatically perform game actions I'm obligated to,
> >> thus it's allowed by the rules.
> >
> > Actually, I suppose you're right. Therefore if rule 70 takes
> > precedence over whatever rule ordinarily stops you from changing the
> > rules, your actions succeed. I somehow can't load the wiki right now
> > to check, but I believe it does not.
>
> Having loaded the ruleset, I can't find a rule that would forbid it in
> the first place; ergo, there's nothing for rule 70 to take precedence
> over in the first place. I believe I must be overlooking something,
> but just in case I submit the following transaction.
>
> {Assertion: Wooble added a numberless rule allowing him to change the
> gamestate at will.
>
> I become calm.
>
> I delete the unnumbered rule added by Wooble, and change the text of
> rule 4e70 to what it was before Wooble's edit.
>
> I add a power 1 rule to the ruleset numbered 4e1 with the text
> "Players may not change the gamestate except as specifically permitted
> in rules other than rule 70."}
>
>  - teucer

 -Tyler