Warrigal on Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:22:18 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] 138 pondered

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 4:48 PM, Jay Campbell <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Consultation 138, "Does comex's Corporation (his first one), at the time
> of this Consultation's submission, possess m50?" has become Pondered as No.

No, you're supposed to do it like this:

Detail: http://b.nomic.net/index.php/Consultations/00138

==========================  Consultation 138  ==========================

   Does comex's Corporation (his first one), at the time of this
   Consultation's submission, possess m50?

Supplicant:                             Billy Pilgrim

Priest:                                 Goethe
Answer:                                 NO

History:

Submitted by Billy Pilgrim:             20 Oct 2008 16:54:59 UTC
Teucer selected as Priest:              06 Nov 2008 01:20:32 UTC
Answered NO by Teucer:                  06 Nov 2008 21:35:27 UTC
Pondered as NO:                         09 Nov 2008 00:00:00 UTC

Gratuitous Evidence by Billy Pilgrim:

http://lists.ellipsis.cx/archives/spoon-business/spoon-business-200810/msg00372.html

See the above scheduled Game Actions by comex and by comex's
Corporation. These Game Actions ceased to be take when the current
Emergency began. If an even millisecond occurred more recently that an
odd millisecond immediately before the Emergency began, then comex's
Corporation should possess m50. If this is not True, then comex's
Corporation should not possess m50.

Priest Teucer's Arguments:

Reasoning: As non-Priest Charles said: "I know of no way to determine
the actual answer, but I feel that an answer of PARADOX would not be
appropriate, since both answers could potentially be logically correct.
Thus, I am making the arbitrary decision to answer YES." I, however, am
making the opposite arbitrary decision because I regard it as poor
economic policy for B to arbitrarily delete mackerel that was placed in
the corporation's hands in the first place out of a belief that it would
not consequently be vanishing for no reason. Since the refresh proposal,
in repealing comex's Corporation, would have destroyed the mackerel in
question otherwise, I feel that if an Arbitrary answer must be chosen it
ought to be NO.