Jamie Dallaire on Wed, 29 Oct 2008 19:31:26 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Minsky, Inc: the public-access contract-programmable counter machine!

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 9:48 PM, Craig Daniel <teucer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I submit and agree to the following contract:
>
> {
> any player may leave this Contract at any
> time.

I leave the Contract constituting the Articles of Incorporation for Minsky,
Inc. woooo!

Also, here's a wording conflict I spotted:

> Minsky, Inc. may take no game actions except for joining Contracts and
> performing game actions required of it by Contracts to which it is a
> party (potentially including this one).

> As a
> game action, Minsky, Inc. may (if not prohibited from doing so by any
> part of this Contract) create or destroy any specified number of
> Tallies;

The first part effectively prohibits the second part, which I don't think
was your intention. (The second part only says that messing with tallies is
permissible (and potentially can be prohibited), while the first part
prohibits anything that is not obligatory. permissible not= obligatory)

> There are one hundred twenty-eight unique Registers, each of which has
> a unique number N associated with it and may be referred to by number
> through the phrase "Register N" or similar. The numbers of the
> registers are the integers from zero through one hundred twenty-seven.
> }

But seriously, I am intrigued. What does Minsky, Inc. do??

BP