Charles Schaefer on Fri, 20 Jun 2008 13:15:40 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] take THIS, causality!

2008/6/20, Geoffrey Spear <geoffspear@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 1:46 AM, Jamie Dallaire
> <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Yes, that could be an interesting arrangement. The nomic sub-contracting
> out
> > its maintenance, essentially.
>
> That is, coincidentally, exactly the purpose for which I introduced
> the Corporations proposal in the first place and registered
> nomictools.com.

But we don't actually need to use corporations to do that. Corporations
don't perform administrative functions, people do (even if a bot performs
the actual task, it is designed and (hopefully) supervised by a person). Why
not just cut out the middle entity and have people enter into agreements
with B?

Also, instead of having a standard wage, we should allow the market room to
determine the prices based on the amount of work involved in the job. (why
do we pay the Ms of Goods and FR the same amount as the Ms of Change and
Society?)