Jamie Dallaire on Sat, 14 Jun 2008 16:54:14 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] A few actions

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 6:04 PM, Elliott Hird <
penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2008/6/14 Charles Schaefer <chuckles11489@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > In his message, he performs all ACTIONS performable by announcement,
> sorted
> > alphabetically. Usurping is a game action, as is vacating. There is no
> > specific game action called "Usurping the Ministry of Law". And he never
> > tries to perform any action multiple times, so he couldn't just go down
> the
> > list trying to usurp any possible minnistry name.
> >

> This isn't how I interpreted 'action'.

Me neither. I don`t think STABBING is a Game Action. Stabbing requires an
object. You must Stab someone. The same goes for usurping. It needs a
Ministry.<

So I don`t think we can go down the list with ehird going: I Revise. I Stab.
I Object. etc.

But your point is good in that perhaps "I Stab Codae" and "I Stab 0x44" are
not two different game actions, but only the same game action with different
objects... In that case it's sort of impossible to determine WHOM he stabs,
the one time he stabs...

So let's just let RPs ignore his actions. I plan to type one up soon that
will ratify the whole gamestate minus ehird's actions, remove the bit about
ministerial obligations all being fulfilled before the clock is turned on,
and perhaps modify the wording of game actions rule so that this type of
thing can`t happen. Ehird's thing didn't cause the emergency in the first
place, but it could have if there hadn't been one in place already.

BP

BP