Jamie Dallaire on Fri, 6 Jun 2008 20:04:13 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] A tamer Agoran relations thingy

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 8:50 PM, Mike McGann <mike.mcgann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Against. If you really, really, really want to get some internomic
> action going, make it more general. I'll still vote against but if it
> is the will of B to vote it in, so be it.
>
> Also, I think this makes Agora ambiguous. It becomes defined as a COO
> within B, so when you then refer to Agora's Ambassador, are you
> talking about the Agora Object or the Nomic known as Agora?

I agree with the part about Agora being ambiguously defined. The ruleset
should probably explicitly refer to the external nomic known as Agora, maybe
even give the address of its homepage or listserv or whatnot (or maybe even
just create a general framework by which an external nomic can register with
B as a nomic, thereby gaining certain privileges such as COOship. Their
status being distinct from that of a player or of a corporation.) I just
think otherwise its sort of like the rules referring to "Mike". Is that Mike
McGann (Hose)? Or Mike Hammond (MCTMike)? Or some random dude named Mike?

I'd be up for some internomicing though!

BP