Charles Schaefer on Sat, 24 May 2008 19:25:34 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] I take the ministry of Laundry

2008/5/24, Jamie Dallaire <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Charles Schaefer <chuckles11489@xxxxxxxxx
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Ministry of Society, please adjust the following players mackerel:
> >
> > Charles +12m
> > J +12m
> > Hose +10m
> > Billy Pilgrim +8m
>

> I'm not sure if this affected anything, but did you account for the passing
> of a proposal increasing the dividend to m10 during the tallying procedure?
> I ask because since the mack is awarded when the proposal passes, that
> gives
> m2 for the proposals before this one and m10 for the proposals after that
> one. if the one that made this modification itself had a colour..... does
> that give 2 or 10? (my proposal from earlier today would fix that - in this
> case to 10)
>
> BP

That was proposal 428, meaning that proposal 430 (blue) may have been
effected in which case Jay and Charles would get an additional 16m and Hose
would get an additional 8m. My general understanding is that there is a
precedent where all proposals are considered to take effect at once, to
avoid something like having an earlier proposal affecting a later one's
passing by changing the voting procedure during the tallying period. It is
with that in mind that I awarded each proposal m2. Did I just make this up
or is there a basis for it somewhere? (I am about to look over the old
consultations and see if anything turns up there) What do others think? I'd
be happy to take my extra macks if there isn't any objection.