Jay Campbell on Fri, 16 May 2008 20:29:36 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [Fwd: chess purchase tweak]

 > a) Activating a Tweak must be done without Objection, i.e. this process
 > takes 2 ndays after activation. J only submitted the Tweak on nday 5, and
 > therefore it may only come into effect at the end of nday 7. It is
currently
 > the wee morning hours of nday 6.

OK, purchases will go as previous round this time, where unplaceable
pieces won't be created. Well, they're created but go straight to hell.

 > b) Submitting a Tweak has no effect on the gamestate outside of the
 > submission itself. This is all j did. If he hopes to change anything
using
 > the Tweak, he needs to Activate it, THEN wait for a duration of 2
ndays. So
 > if j were to activate his tweak right now and no one objected to this, it
 > couldn't take effect till the end of nday 8.

I'll pause on activation given your (c)

 > c) I just read the tweak properly, and I would object to it in its
current
 > form. I think the ChessMaster is a good idea, but I don't think it's
 > implemented properly as of yet. That would require: Specify a
mechanism for
 > "queuing" the objects that the chessmaster will then distribute, i.e. by
 > amending the purchase action. As it currently stands the presence of the
 > chessmaster does nothing to prevent the creation of purchased pieces
 > directly at the start of any field turn, before any pieces are moved.
Also I
 > think it might require that we situate the chessmaster field object
on the
 > priority list, permanently at the bottom of it (and specify that newly
 > created pieces go after all other existing pieces but the chessmaster).

I did put this at the top:

In the Chess Match Purchase Action, change {{ is created }} to {{ is
queued to be created }}

I hoped ChessMaster's phrase about triggering after no moves were left was enough to cover your last part.

 > d) j, the chess display is amazing (I like the kings!). I think that is
 > single-handedly responsible for our chess renaissance. My one
question is:
 > Is there any way we can see past versions of the board? Going back in the
 > wiki history seems to load up the same current image all the time.

Thanks! I was just defeated in the first version of this game today on
the other nomic, but only because I forgot I earlier promised to
abdicate when there were only 2 kings on the field so others could rejoin.

To view the history of B's board you have to view the wiki history of
the image itself, not the field page.

Better reporting is in order, but I think I may host some of it off-wiki
to cut down on daily cut&pastes.