Mike McGann on Fri, 16 May 2008 07:18:29 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Without Objection

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 10:07 AM, Geoffrey Spear <geoffspear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A system of contract law where anyone who's not actually affected by a
> contract can stop it from taking effect is actually really silly.  Why
> should Charles have any say in whether you and I can agree to do
> something?

Yes, that is why I was suggesting the objection only by players
eligible to become parties to the contract. If I create a contract
between you and I, no one else should be able to object. If you have
no interest in becoming a party to the contract, you should be able to
object to it to clear it from the gamestate. What I do not agree with
is that anyone can create any kind of contract at anytime. That
encourages spam abuse. The no objection requirement is too restrictive
but that was more in an over reaction to my dislike of pancakes.

- Hose