Geoffrey Spear on Tue, 5 Feb 2008 14:39:38 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Artificial Complements

On Feb 5, 2008 4:32 PM, Justin Ahmann <quesmarktion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Okay, we have a problem.  My Proposal "Artificial Complements" failed, although the two Proposals whose changes it was supposed to merge passed.  The result was that the Necronomicon blueprint refers to Complements, but "Complement" is an undefined term.  This happened because
>
> 2 people voted against "Hose Will Vote For This".
> 2 people voted against "All Your Artificial Bases are belong to us".
> All 4 voted against "Artificial Complements", which was enough to make it fail.
>
> How can we keep this sort of thing from happening in the future?

If two proposals conflict, they should have a Conflict listed.  If you
think it's desirable for the effects of both to go through with
necessary merging changes, you should submit a proposal that conflicts
with both of them that fixes the problem.

A procedure for adding conflicts to other players' proposals would
probably help too, but as long as you can convince one of the 2
submitters to do so it's not entirely necessary.