Geoffrey Spear on Wed, 23 Jan 2008 17:48:32 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Evolving

On Jan 23, 2008 11:30 AM, ihope <ihope127@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 23/01/2008, Geoffrey Spear <geoffspear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I also think joining a Field Match should be voluntary so Players who
> > obviously aren't going to make a move aren't assigned to teams.  On
> > the other hand, both Green and Blue have a player who didn't tweak who
> > may have been reasonably expected to, so I guess we can't complain
> > that only Red did 3 tweaks.
>
> Being on a team doesn't penalize a Player in any way, does it? There
> doesn't seem to be any real reason not to be on one.

I was thinking of possible disadvantages to other Players on a team, actually.

For example, in the current game it could be dangerous to say "well,
our team have 5 more tweaks to make, so I'll tweak this cell" when in
fact your team will only actually be making 2 tweaks and should thus
plan accordingly.

--
Geoffrey Spear
http://www.geoffreyspear.com/