comex on Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:33:26 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] My RP: Set everything.

On 12/14/07, 0x44 <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Daniel Lepage wrote:
> > *In theory* it could take only one day. In theory, a Consultation
> > could also take only one day - if all the right people are online at
> > once, a Consultation could go through in under ten minutes.
> >
> It takes 4 ndays for a Consultation to become Pondered. Which means that
> your theoretical minimum for determining the validity of an action is
> wrong. If an Answered Consultation takes effect before it becomes
> Pondered, doesn't an Answer overturned on claims break rule 3-1?
Doesn't matter.  After a day or so, the traffic on spoon-discuss will
tell you the consensus.  If a judge rules in conflict with that, then
e will probably be overruled.  If there is no consensus, then you
submit transactions or conditional actions.

The way consultations get around 3-1 is that consultations don't ever
ever actually make something valid or not, they just attempt to answer
the question of whether it was valid in the first place.  In both
Agora and B (I think) the only effect calls for judgement have is that
they "guide" future gameplay.

But 3-1 ought to be repealed.