Roger Hicks on Wed, 12 Dec 2007 08:37:27 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Grand Chancellor?

On Dec 11, 2007 8:37 PM, comex <comexk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 December 2007, Mike McGann wrote:
> > On Dec 11, 2007 10:04 PM, comex <comexk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > How could you possibly interpret 1-10 otherwise?
> >
> > I read it as:
> >
> > You have 1 nday to declare an action to be invalid.
> > After 1 nday, the action is valid no matter what.
>
> I interpret it as I'm pretty sure it was meant to be interpreted: before
> the nday, the action would be valid if and only if the Rules actually
> allow it.
>
> Although maybe that interpretation would violate the Temporal Prime
> Directive?

Just to clarify once more, this is what I intended:

Whenever any action occurs the gamestate splits into two quantum
states, one where the action is valid, and one where it is not.

If the action is declared invalid then the gamestate where it is valid
is collapsed.

If the action goes for an nday unchallenged then the gamestate where
it is invalid is collapsed.

BobTHJ