0x44 on Wed, 12 Dec 2007 06:24:36 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Game Action: Dictatorship of the Proletariat or quick fix to the Emergency.

Daniel Lepage wrote:
> On Dec 11, 2007, at 7:23 PM, 0x44 wrote:
>

>> As a game action, I amend rule 1-10 to state:
>>
>> {{
>>
>> A Game Action is defined as any activity specified by the rules to
>> be a
>> Game Action. Other Outsiders may also take Game Actions if explicitly
>> permitted by the rules. To perform a Game Action, an Outsider must
>> post
>> a message to a Public Forum specifying that he is taking that
>> action. He
>> must also specify any targets and/or parameters necessary for that
>> action [[for example, you must specify a proposal in order to vote
>> against a proposal]]. He may list multiple actions that he wishes to
>> take, in which case he takes them in the order he lists them. He may
>> also state a specific positive integer to perform a particular action
>> that many times (if legal, of course) sequentially. The Rules also
>> have
>> the power to cause an Outsider to take Game Actions whether he posts
>> or
>> not.
>>
>> Game Actions occur upon reaching the appropriate fora, in the order
>> they
>> arrived, unless a rule states otherwise. A Game Action that is
>> caused by
>> a Rule instead of by a Forum Post takes place at the time specified by
>> the rule.
>>
>> Text to the effect that "any player may do X" should be interpreted to
>> mean that X is a Game Action; but such a declaration implies that only
>> players may take the Game Action X (unless another declaration permits
>> other Outsiders to as well).
>>
>> With 2 support, any player may, as a game action, declare any other
>> Game
>> Action which has occurred within the past NDay to be Invalid, unless
>> that Game Action was to declare another Game Action invalid, or to
>> submit a consultation. An invalid Game Action is treated as if it
>> never
>> occurred. An Outsider whose Game Action has been declared invalid may
>> submit a consultation whose text reads "XXX is valid", where XXX is
>> the
>> Game Action they attempted to perform. When that consultation becomes
>> Pondered, if the priest answered it Yes, the Player who declared that
>> game action to be invalid loses 10 Points.
>>
>> Any Game Action which has not been declared invalid by the above
>> within
>> the allowed timespan is considered to be valid in every way, even if
>> it
>> is in contradiction to the rules.
>>
>> }}
>>

> I contend that this does not solve the issue. A Game Action is, by
> definition, an action permitted by the rules. Thus if I say "I repeal
> the ruleset", this isn't a Game Action (even if I say it is) because
> the rules don't define it as one.

> [...]
Rule 1-10 ratifies impossible actions after one day to prevent our
having to go back several ndays to resolve quantum ruleset states. Any
action that has not been declared invalid is considered valid in every
way, even if it isn't in accordance with the rules.

0x44;