Ed Murphy on Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:01:56 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Murphy's refresh proto

Aaron C wrote:

> I don't like this part. Since when do we explain ourselves in the body
> of the rules?
>
>>        Regularity of communication being essential for the healthy
>>        function of any nomic, it is hereby resolved:

Since when do we have a rule saying we can't?  Anyway, that bit (and in
fact that entire rule) can be left out without affecting the major
intent of the RP, which is to do away with Panic Buttons.  In addition
to ambiguity of terms, the emergency procedure shouldn't depend on a
general framework (objects) defined by other rules.

For instance, imagine a rule that continuously destroyed all objects
owned by players.  The current Rule 0 would re-create Panic Buttons
just as quickly, but in an Off state, so you couldn't create or
maintain a State Of Emergency.