Kerim Aydin on Fri, 7 Dec 2007 00:41:19 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Sane Partnerships

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007, Josiah Worcester wrote:

> On Monday 03 December 2007 20:05:20 Geoffrey Spear wrote:
>> Their purpose is to give some players more votes than everyone else
>> and to engage in scams.
>>
> Well, one could argue that, since that's *why* the Pineapple Partnership was
> formed. . .

Um, no.  I was its founding member, and Zefram and I formed it because
collective groups (e.g. political parties, partnerships, subdeals, alliances
etc.) are an interesting part of gameplay but were legislatively out of
favor at the time (if we'd just introduced them through proposal, they
wouldn't have passed).  Bringing them in through the back door with full
powers of players led to a legislative control, but not a ban, and now
they're an active part of Agoran life.  The PP itself voted a couple times
and dissolved fairly quickly afterwards.

-Goethe