Roger Hicks on Fri, 30 Nov 2007 18:39:30 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] Invalid Refresh Proposals ?

On Nov 30, 2007 10:31 AM, Antonio Dolcetta <antonio.dolcetta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Please explain to me precisely why revising a Refresh Proposal is
> different. You are all saying that you can do things unless the rules
> don't explicitly prohibit something, I honestly don't see the difference.

There is a difference between "permitted unless specifically
disallowed" and "permitted unless regulated". The rules are clear on
how consultations can become pondered, on who is the Emergency
Coordinator, etc. Therefore any changes to a consultation or the
Emergency Coordinator are regulated and not permitted unless clearly
defined in the rules. However, the rules are not clear on Refresh
Proposals. They indicate that Refresh Proposals can be
submitted/discussed, but they do not indicate any means for doing so.
Therefore any action involving Refresh Proposals is unregulated. Hence
why I think your attempt to retract them all might be valid. I suggest
you retract that attempt and allow this process to continue so as not
to delay or prevent the emergency process.

BobTHJ