comex on Wed, 21 Nov 2007 14:28:38 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Registration, consultation, proposal

On 11/21/07, Jamie Dallaire <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Reasoning: Rule 1-4 states that an External Force may become a Player by
> requesting to become a Player, and can only do so if he is capable of
> passing a Membership Test (note the use of the singular). Rule 1-17, which
> details the Membership Test, contains no less than three references to the
> potential Player being an individual (proof of uniqueness from other known
> sentient beings, referring to oneself in the first person singular, and
> being capable of thought as an individual).

"A Membership Test shall consist of any or all of the following: "

Therefore, any non-null set of the requirements consists of *a*
Membership Test.  The AFO can "send, and receive a reply to, an email
to another entity" so it passes the Membership Test containing of just
that requirement.  It is therefore capable of passing *a* Membership
Test, but not (I think) *any* Membership Test.