Daniel Lepage on Thu, 15 Nov 2007 17:46:37 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] My votes (finally!)

On Nov 14, 2007, at 11:31 AM, Roger Hicks wrote:

> On Nov 14, 2007 9:29 AM, Daniel Lepage <dplepage@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> 173: War (comex)
>> Against. We've had enough trouble with internomic relations in the
>> past (ask anyone in Nomicron).
>
> OK, being a (mostly inactive) player of Nomicron, I'm curious. Care to
> go into detail?

A while ago we had two players who joined Nomicron. They got into
some argument with some of the other players there; I don't know the
details, but it degenerated into both sides swearing at each other
and calling each other names. At the same time, by coincidence, we'd
been discussing on s-d how one nomic could meaningfully 'wage war' on
another, and one of the suggestions was that a few of the attacking
nomic's players could join the other game and basically undermine it,
masquerading as serious players.

This unfortunate timing led to a number of Nomicron players believing
that the two players arguing were actually plants in an attempt by B
to destroy Nomicron. This kind of strained relations between the two
nomics, which was a shame because we were both thinking about trying
to start up some sort of Internomic.

We've still never successfully interacted with another nomic in any
meaningful way. The furthest along any of our efforts ever got was
the founding of a joint market with Thermodynomic, but Thermo died
out due to player disinterest before anything useful could come of it.

If we want to wage war on Agora, by the way, I think it would be much
more exciting to do so in some official context. By which I mean, an
Inter-nomic game of Risk or Diplomacy :-D

--
Wonko