Mike McGann on Thu, 8 Nov 2007 23:35:33 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Vested Interests

Interesting concept, but I don't think it would work.

While notification via Private Forum would be required to make this work, it
doesn't provide any kind of paper trail to validate game state if it is
contested. A Player named either the Apologist or Devil's Advocate who loses
a lot of points in a given nweek could contest that they never received
their notification by Private Forum.

The Minister of Change is supposed to reveal the identities at the end of
the nweek, but all Ministries also vacate at the end of the nweek. Not sure
what would happen there.

The Apologist and Devil's Advocate have no control over what proposals are
submitted. If the nweek contains a lot of popular proposals, the Devil's
Advocate would be at a huge disadvantage. If the nweek contains a lot of
unpopular proposals, the Apologist would be at a huge disadvantage. The
scoring is also a little to severe--one point instead of Strength would be
better but would still be unfair.

I was thinking about a Karma system where you get a point if you vote "the
correct" way--getting a point if you voted FOR a proposal that passed and a
point if you voted AGAINST a proposal that failed. The problem with that is
everyone could change their vote at the last minute to go the "correct way".

- Hose