Antonio Dolcetta on Thu, 16 Aug 2007 15:26:58 +0200 (CEST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Ballot for nweek 129

Geoffrey Spear wrote:
> I vote as follows:
>
>> Proposal   Author                     Title
>> 141           Wooble                   Fix Faction Loophole
> FOR [The reason that this is a loophole is that as it's written the
> rule doesn't actually require the Faction to decide to join B Nomic; a
> Player can cause an Agreement to join as a Faction unilaterally unless
> the Agreement specifically forbids it]

I don't think it would work. And if it does work, then it might be
intended for that faction to work that way, or the agreement is
exceptionally badly worded, and that's hardly our fault.

With your amendment in place factions can join Bnomic just by deciding
to do so, even without notifying the public forum, and even bypassing
whatever barriers we might choose to place for the registration of
factions. For me the fix is worse than the problem it fixes.