Peter Cooper Jr. on Tue, 17 Jul 2007 08:18:14 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Make votes into attributes

Roger Hicks wrote:
> On 7/17/07, Peter Cooper Jr. <pete+bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I withdraw my "Make votes into attributes" proposal.
>>
> I would support a similar proposal if by default all votes were set to
> null, and ABSTAIN was a valid selection. Also, if language were added
> to allow us to still cast votes in the normal fashion by noting our
> votes on each prop.

At some point soon I was hoping to bring back Motions, Referenda, and
Tweaks, but I'm not sure I'll have time this nweek to propose it, and it
probably ought to have a full nweek of discussion anyway. So I may revamp
the whole voting process as a part of all of that.

I was also going to propose Checkpoints as a type of Referenda, so that we
can establish times we think we know the state of the game and can keep it
that way.

I was assuming that the current practice of listing votes was sufficient
for taking the game actions of setting your own votes, but I'd be okay
with making that more explicit.

--
Peter C.