Peter Cooper Jr. on Tue, 3 Jul 2007 03:40:56 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Proposal: Don't Penalize For Won Failures

"Aaron Coquet" <farfromunique@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> So, wait... If I submit 3 proposals in the same nweek, and all three fail
> and never were Won, does that mean I lose 3 points, or 9?
>
> In other words, does this take effect for each proposal that was never Won,
> or only for the third?
>
> Am I clear, or horribly opaque?

Hmm. The intent, and original functionality, was for it to only take
effect on the third and following failed proposals. The main reason I
put it in there was because we didn't have a proposal limit, and I
wanted to discourage people from submitting a thousand null proposals
or other such nonsense.

The reason it worked that way originally was because each proposal
passed or failed in turn. However, since then the proposal resolution
rules have been changed to make each proposal pass or fail in turn,
and then make them all historical simultaneously.

So, I think that means that each failed proposal sees *all* of the
failed proposals (since they're all failed or not before any become
historical), so 3 failures would make you lose 9 points. But I could
be wrong on that.

--
Peter C.