Aaron Coquet on Mon, 2 Jul 2007 18:16:01 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Don't Penalize For Won Failures

So, wait... If I submit 3 proposals in the same nweek, and all three fail
and never were Won, does that mean I lose 3 points, or 9?

In other words, does this take effect for each proposal that was never Won,
or only for the third?

Am I clear, or horribly opaque?

--
Zach

On 7/2/07, Peter Cooper Jr. <pete+bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I submit the following proposal:
>
> __Don't penalize for Won Failures__
> {{
>
> [[Right now, there's an incentive to just use a big "if" block in your
> proposal rather than the dependency system, since that would let it
> score points for you if it passed (even if it didn't do anything else)
> and wouldn't score points against you if it failed purely due to not
> meeting dependencies. Similarly for conflicts.]]
>
> In Rule 2-6, change
> {{
> * If the Proposal Passed, its Author gains 2 points for each Player
>   whose Final Vote on the proposal was FOR.
>
> * If the Proposal Failed, and at least 3 other proposals with the same
>   Author have previously Failed in the same nweek, then its Author
>   loses 3 points.
> }}
> {{
> * If the Proposal Passed, its Author gains 1 point for each Player
>   whose Final Vote on the proposal was FOR.
>
> * If the Proposal was ever Won, its Author gains 1 point for each
>   Player whose Final Vote on the proposal was FOR.
>
> * If the Proposal Failed and was never Won, and at least 3 other
>   proposals with the same Author have previously Failed and were never
>   Won in the same nweek, then its Author loses 3 points.
> }}
>
> }}
>
> --
> Peter C.

Aaron C
---- --
01000100 01101111 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000
01010000 01100001 01101110 01101001 01100011 00100001
Don't Panic!