bd_ on Tue, 26 Jun 2007 07:29:59 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Oracle Report 26/07

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 12:28:54PM +0200, Antonio Dolcetta wrote:
> Consultation 11
>
> Supplicant: Comex
>   > True or false: Is Primo Corporation a player?
>
> Assigned to: BobTHJ
> Answered: TRUE 21/06/2007 18.26

> Consultation 12
>
> Supplicant: Zach
>   > Is a cooperation a single entity, capable of passing the Turing test?
>
> Assigned to: Wonko
> Answered: FALSE 21/06/2007 16.57

> Consultation 13
> Supplicant: BobTHJ
> {
> Question: True of false: Consultation #12 does not serve to prevent a
> corporation from becoming a player because it specifies that said
> corporation must pass "the Turing Test" instead of "a Turing Test"?
> Unbeliever: Wonko
> }
> Assigned to: Antonio (no other player eligible)
> Answered: FALSE 22 Jun 2007 12:14:45 +0200

Now what? Consultation 11 is clearly at odds with 12 and 13.

I submit the following consultation:
{{
Question: Could corporations register as players at the time that
consultation 11 was submitted?

Argument: By consultation 11, Primo Corporation is already a player, and
therefore, barring any rule changes, corporations could register using
the same method as Primo Corporation. However, consultations 12 and 13
serve to bar all corporations from register, including Primo
Corporation.
}}

[[ We really should have a mechanism to link related consultations, and
rule on together in a consistent manner... ]]