Antonio Dolcetta on Fri, 22 Jun 2007 02:13:32 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] consultation 17

Roger Hicks wrote:
> On 6/22/07, Antonio Dolcetta <antonio.dolcetta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Roger Hicks wrote:
>>>  In legal
>>> contexts, an organization formed by a binding agreement of its members
>>> it treated as a separate legal person with its own collective rights
>>> and responsibilities. Translated into B Nomic terms, such an
>>> organization constitutes an External Force distinct from the External
>>> Forces that comprise its membership.
>> Legal context changes when you change ruleset, B Nomic does not
>> understand "Binding Agreement".
>
> I was referring to Legal contexts (note the s) in general, not Agora's
> specific context. I wasn't trying to port a concept over from another
> ruleset, merely acknowledge a generalization that occurs frequently
> under many governing systems, including most every nationality. This
> was the same premise that allowed Pineapple Partnership to register in
> Agora even though Agora did not have any means of recogizing a
> multi-person organization in its ruleset (at the time anyway).

Sorry if I stress this point, Agora did at the time have "binding
agreements" and that was the basis of the Pinapple Partnership
B does not contain this concept, from B's perspective Primo is just a
group of people. It's charter has no worth or meaning to B.
And this is a problem if there are players that are at the same time
independent players and members of Primo.