Peter Cooper Jr. on Thu, 25 Jan 2007 17:28:48 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Votes

Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I propose:
> {{
> __Abstinence Pays Off__
>
> Replace the first bullet point of r2-6 with "Each Player who cast a
> Vote on the Proposal gains 1 point.".
>
> [[ As it stands, there's no bonus if you vote ABSTAIN. This change
> will reward people who explicitly ABSTAIN, but will not reward people
> who simply don't cast a vote. ]]
> }}

I have to say, I'm definitely against this prop. Just hopping on the
list once an nweek without reading the props and saying "I vote
abstain on everything" shouldn't give you a bunch of points.

The reason that I excluded abstains when initially proposing this
scoring system (way back at the start of the Second Era) was that I
wanted to reward actual participation in the voting system and having
an opinion.

If you want to award some point bonus just for showing up and posting
once an nweek, I really wouldn't have a problem with that, but I think
that the people who actually have an opinion on the props to be voted
on (which, when you come down to it, is what the game is all about)
should get more points than those who don't.

Just my 2 tildex (or whatever currency we're using...).

--
Peter C.