Antonio Dolcetta on Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:36:45 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Current Proposals rule doesn't work

On 18 Dec 2006, at 22:49, comex wrote:

> On Monday 18 December 2006 12:24, Daniel Lepage wrote:
>>   * All Won Proposals Pass.
>
> This won't work, whether Proposal or Refresh Proposal, because I
> realized that
> it's broken in another way: this will re-pass all Proposals that
> were Won
> last nweek.  Maybe "Pass, if they have not yet Passed."

I think we have to change the order things happen in and write:

    * Each Proposal with positive Strength becomes Won; all other
Proposals become Lost.
   * In descending order of Strength, and of Number in cases where
Strength is equal, if a Won Proposal Conflicts with any other Won
Proposals, those Proposals become Lost.
   * In order from lowest to highest Proposal Number, if a Proposal
Depends on a Proposal that is Lost, it becomes Lost.
   * The preceding event is repeated until it has no further effect.
  * All Open Proposals become Historical in succession, from the one
with the smallest Proposal Number to the one with the greatest.

When a Won Proposal becomes Historical it Passes.
When a Proposal Passes, its list of changes to the game occur.
Proposals that do not Pass are said to have Failed.

or alternatively:
When a Won Proposal becomes Historical its list of changes to the
game occur.
Won proposals are said to have Passed.
Lost proposals are said to have Failed.