Rainbow Wolfe on Fri, 1 Dec 2006 12:38:58 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Posts (like Ministers); draft rule, shoot it down now, please.

Cool -

If this rule is suspended then replace it with "another_rule" until it is
unsuspended or deleted. This could make things interesting.

- Rainbow Wolfe

On 30/11/06, Jake Eakle <jseakle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> If the admin holds a post, e may choose to hold an election.  If e
> >> does so e may also choose to suspend all rules that refer to the post
> >> until such time as it is held by someone other than emself. This must
> >> be done by notification to the public forum, clearly stating which
> >> rules are suspended.
>
> I'm not sure suspending rules is a good idea. What if you are on a
> suspended
> rule in rule tag? What if the rule has other, unrelated effects? What if
> the
> rule refers to time in a continuous manner? I think it would be better for
> initial elections to establish an order of succession that includes all
> players who nominated emselves and ends in the Admin, so that transitions
> are smooth no matter what. If it does end up with the Admin, e will just
> have to maintain that post for a while until an election comes along, I
> guess.

Hobbes: Why are you digging a hole?

Calvin: I'm looking for buried treasure.

Hobbes: What have you found?

Calvin: A few dirty rocks, a weird root, and some disgusting grubs.

Hobbes: On your first try?

Calvin: There's treasure everywhere!