Jonathan David Amery on Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:17:08 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Emergency Management Procedure

> comex <comexk@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > On Monday 27 November 2006 11:05, Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:
> >> All PEPs need to agree on an Emergency Coordinator and
> >> Forum to use.
> >
> > Why not use one of the Public Forums, since those would need to
> > exist in order to hit the Panic Button anyway?
>
> One of the reasons for calling an Emergency may be the lack of a
> working Public Forum, either because of server failure or because we
> accidentally undefine "Public Forum" or somesuch. That's why I added
> "or any forum that within the past month was a Public
> Forum". Although, that doesn't really deal with the server failure
> case very well, does it. Hmm....

 I have a couple of mailing lists that we used as backups back in Era
1.  They're currently deactivated due to spam, but I can frob the
mailman settings to "only subscribers allowed" posting and bring them
back if that's helpful.

 WC.