antonio . dolcetta on Mon, 27 Nov 2006 08:45:39 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Emergency Management Procedure

it appears that my last message didn't make it to the list, if it did, and this is a duplicate, I apologize.
Anyway, this lets any 4 players hijack the game declaring an emergency state, immediately creating a new forum between them without inviting anyone else, and bang, instant oligarchy. A fifth player cannot do anything to stop this.

You could say that technically every PEP should get invited to the new forum, but once the public forum is moved to a new forum, there is no way for a non-oligarch PEP to make his will known publicly, and in the possibility of a real attempt for emergency (i mean a true emergency, not an oligarchic coup d'etat), reaching an agreement with all PEPs is actually not possible, since many PEPs may be inactive.

I preferred the old method, that defacto required unanimity, without requiring everyone to eplicitly vote.
Maybe if you added a way that a Panic Button can be used to veto an emergency attmpt I would like it.

(If this is indeed a ploy Peter, know that I would have supported you, had you privately sent me an invitation to the shadow cabinet. Don't tell that to anyone though ;-)

always an oligarch at heart,
Antonio

----- Original Message ----
From: Peter Cooper Jr. <pete+bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: spoon-business@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 4:24:24 AM
Subject: [s-b] Emergency Management Procedure

Since nobody else proposed one yet, and we really *ought* to have
something soon, I'm proposing this emergency management
procedure. It's quite similar to ones B Nomic has had in the past. It
should at least get us by until we want to change it.

I submit a proposal:

__Emergency Management Procedure__
{{

Create a new rule, with number 0, as follows:

__In Case of Emergency ==
{{