Mark Walsh on Sun, 26 Nov 2006 13:37:58 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Amended proposal "hard rules"

On 11/24/06 1:32:24 AM
shadowfirebird wrote:
> Subject: [s-b] Amended proposal "hard rules"
>
> Amended proposal: "Hard rules"
> Proposals changing or removing hard rules only pass if the majority
> number is more than 75% of the total number of final votes that can be
> cast.
> A proposal is treated as "changing or removing hard rules" if, without
> further vote by the players, it would cause a hard rule to be changed
> or removed.
> If this rule conflicts with another rule or rules, this rule takes
precedence.
> 3) Make the rule in (2) a hard rule.

Seems to me that this is an attempt to introduce immutability into the
ruleset.
At present, the 'total number of final votes that can be cast' is well over
one
hundred (given the number of players and proposals). The 'majority number'
as defined cannot possibly exceed the number of Players.

If this were to pass as it exists, it would become permanent and
unchangeable,
as would any other rule that became a 'hard rule'.

The scope of 'total number of final votes that can be cast' needs to be more
clearly defined explicitly. We know what you mean, but that's not what it
says.

BTW, I'll be voting AGAINST regardless.

Triller